Balancing Home Life & Spiritual Gifts

Hello to all. My name is Consuella and I have a question for ladies who have been married 25 years or more. I am in the process of looking for a mentor from my church, but until God leads me to the right person, I felt it was also important to seek guidance via this avenue as well. My problem is that I am growing in every way. I am no longer the person I was when I first married my husband. I love him dearly, but at times I feel he fears the talents God gave me. We talk and he assures me that he wants me to grow, but there is a block somewhere. He makes statements like this, "God won't bless your gift separate from mine." I think he is in error there, but he wants our gifts to be bound together. We do have a ministry, but there are things I want to do separate from that ministry like combining my personal gift, with my love of writing, to inspire people, in particular women, worldwide. He even becomes passive aggressive and won't participate in the things I am involved in. I would love to get his input on the books I have written, but he won't read them. The last month, he has softened, and God seems to be working something out. I will be patient, but I need to know, aside from our ministry together, is it ok for me to pursue that thing inside of me I feel God has given me?

Consuella,
TX

Please read Sandy Denton's Response

1 comment:

Tracie Putnam said...

Thank you for your submission. I wanted to let you know that our mentors have been notified. Please be patient with our mentors as they are volunteers, so it may be 24 to 48 hours before you see a reponse. Please know that we have already begun praying for you.

God Bless you,
Tracie
GIC Ministries